Pages

Tuesday, September 09, 2003

Ok, here's my thoughts on trust. This is kind of a reply to my friends blog. Check out the link. Trust is a difficult concept, one which most people never truly understand. I don't have the concept quite down myself. Being only 16, that makes sense. I happen to be a very trusting guy, extremely trusting, and so far I've been blessed to not have had that trust broken yet. I know, however, that it will happen. I will have a good friend in which I feel I can confide or I will trust to do something for me, and that promise, that trust will be broken. It's funny how I can look towards that event, knowing it will come, but I don't do anything, I don't get more picky with my trust. Why? Because it is my nature to trust. It is part of my personality to see through people's faults and see their strengths.
Yet, I consider myself a judgemental guy. That is, I am far too ready to judge people based on what I've heard about them or how they look. A problem on which I need to work. How do I see through people's faults? If I meet someone that I haven't had a chance to build up an opinion of ahead of time, then I am blind to their faults. I can befriend many people. But if I have heard a lot about them, sometimes I won't take the time to really get to know them, I'll just continue using my assumptions based on what I've heard. This is not a good habit and I must break it.

No comments: