Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2004

Do I really not believe in love at first sight? I may have experienced it. Of course, I didn't love her the second I met her. But things moved pretty fast. Our relationship has developed and blossomed into something that I believe will bear beautiful, sweet fruit. It's been only eight months now. Eight months! It seems like eternity, yet it seems like only a second ago spoke to me for the first time. So much has happened. It's amazing. Eight months can hold so much. I wonder what the next eight will hold? Or the next year? Eight years? To live until your 50th anniversary and look back must be an awe-inspiring experience. No wonder my grandpa cried so hard on his. He was the toughest farmer out ther, but his heart loved his wife for all it was worth. He loved no other, and he cried when he read her card. He cussed at us, teased us, and poured ice water on our heads. But he loved her. He loved Grandma as few men love their wives. I come from incredible heritage. I just hope I can continue the tradition.

No comments: