Pages

Monday, November 07, 2005


Prayer



I had a wonderful experience today. It began, surprisingly enough, with algebra. I was in my math lab, struggling through a problem. Frustration started to get the best of me. After a good half hour on the problem, I finally finished it. Then I decided to check my e-mail. Nothing. I started to feel angry. No one was writing me. What was the deal? Didn't anyone care? By this point it was time to go to my next class.



As I was walking by anger was building and I was feeling pretty lonely. Then I remembered an important fact: I am never alone. There is always one being who is always waiting to hear from me and speaks to me whenever he has the chance: our Heavenly Father. So, while I was walking, I said a little prayer to him, sharing my frustrations with him and thanking him for always being there. During this prayer a wonderful feeling of peace spread through me. The feelings I had had just a moment before melted away.



Prayer is real and there is nothing more comforting and helpful. Our father in heaven is waiting to hear from us everyday, just as our earthly parents eagerly await every phonecall and e-mail. And he will share with us his love. Nothing is of greater comfort and you will never find a better listener. I know this through experience. I testify of this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments: