Pages

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

The source of strength

Back to those three numbers. I did well. Better than I dared hope. I won’t be heading to Harvard (students with a 4.0 and 180 – read perfect score - on the LSAT still only have a 5% chance of acceptance), but I have a good shot at some highly-ranked schools.

Why? Not because of me, definitely! I have a list of people to thank: my wife, my parents, good professors and teachers, good leaders in church and on the mission. All of them helped contribute to my abilities, to my faith in myself, to my ability to diligently study.

I cannot neglect my ultimate source of strength, though. I prayed hard for the Lord’s help in the months leading up to the LSAT. I tried to keep everything in perspective, remembering that the reason the Lord would help me is if my desires were in the right place. My motivation is to let Alisha come home and work and give my kids all the opportunities my parents gave me. Surely the Lord will help me in this?

And He did.

No comments: