Pages

Monday, October 24, 2005


Read On



People are reading my blog! To the observant, you'll notice that I've been posting (on and off) for two years. But the past two weeks people are actually mentioning that they read it and posting comments. That's pretty exciting. I think I may be a little more consistent from now on.



I'm trying very hard at the moment to have deep thoughts. They are so much more fun to write about than normal everyday things. give me a sec...



So, why aren't the normal everyday things as fun to write about? Can't they be deep? I believe they can. So, I'm going to contradict myself. Maybe the everyday little things are what I need to concentrate on so that I can have my deep thoughts. As Nephi says, "By small means the Lord can bring about great things." So, these everyday things can mean quite a bit.



So, what could I write about? Today I bought a new journal. It's my sixth journal, I think. As you can probably tell, I like to write. I started my first journal in seventh grade, I think. I can't check. All my journals are packed up back home. But I started it around age twelve or thirteen. I've recorded a lot of thoughts and feelings in my journals. They have been a great help in organizing my thoughts, expressing my feelings, praciticing my writing skills, and helping me remember important things. Basically, journals are good things. if you don't have one, I suggest you start writing.



My journals will be of great worth to me in later years and to my posterity. I can just imagine how they will feel reading about the days of their father, grandfather, and so on. I wish I could read about my grandfather's life. It would be an amazing journal. He lived quite a life. I won't live a life like his. The world is very different. I hopefully won't fight in a world war. I won't live off the land in Alaska, surveying for the United States government. I won't run a small farm in Idaho. But my life will be unique and I will have messages and lessons to share. And whether or not my journals are ever of worth to anyone, I love to write, so I'll continue to do it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Journal-shmernal. j/k:)