Pages

Friday, October 21, 2005


Website



I made my own website. It was quite fun. I like knowing html. The url is www.geocities.com/ckmgtnr. It's so amazing that I can share so much so easily. Just by knowing how to type a few things, I am able to share with all my friends and family my thoughts and my experiences. I love this technology. Unfortunately, it's not perfect. I won't rely on it too much, because it truly is fragile. People put a lot of faith in the internet, but the media giants are battling over what the future of the internet will look like, and I don't think that future is quite like the present. These media and internet giants have the capability of killing and strangling the net as we know it. It probably won't happen, but they could transform it into...who knows. And the stability of the infrastructure supporting the net isn't a guaruntee, either. All it takes is a few power outages in particular areas and 50% of the net is gone until the power is back up.



Sorry, this isn't exactly cheery. Maybe I'm a little gloomy because I'm dead tired and not in bed, yet. It's probably a good idea to do that.

No comments: